Centre County Online Information
Steps to Optimize Your Computer for the Centre County Web Information Access System
We recommend that you complete the following steps on your computer to optimize it for
the Centre County Web Information Access System
- If you are using Internet Explorer 8 first navigate to an image in WebIA, then click Tools, then click Compatibility View
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools, then click Internet Options. Click the Settings button, then select
Every visit to the page, then change the 'Amount of disk space to use' to any number smaller than it currently is,
then click OK. Click on the Security tab, and make sure the security level for the Internet zone is set to the
Default level (Medium). Click on the Privacy tab and make sure the level is set to the Default (Medium). Then click OK.
- Click here to go to Microsoft.com to download, install, and run Microsoft Defender.
That will allow you to check for and fix problems of spyware/adware/malware that may be running in the background on your computer.
- Click here to go to Microsoft Windows Update to scan for and install all of the available Windows Updates.
- Click here to go to Java.com and then click on Get It Now! for a free download of the latest
Java 2 Runtime Environment Virtual Machine plug-in software for the desktop.
Performing the above steps on your computer should resolve and prevent the majority of possible technical difficulties
with the Centre County Web Information Access System.